WELCOME TO THE GRANNY'S CRAFT ATTIC BLOG!!!

Well I finally got high tech and started a blog...I hope you will find it interesting, funny or at the very least, something to read while you are on hold on the phone. Mostly you will find ramblings about my crafting, my Etsy.com shop, my family or just about anything that comes to mind.

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 11, 2010

MY FIRST INTERNATIONAL ORDER


I am so excited about this....a very nice lady from Germany convo'd me about these craft books that I had listed. We had some chat about the shipping cost which are really ridiculous for shipping overseas; however she really wanted these three books and agreed to pay the shipping charge that I searched out for her on usps.com.


Having never shipped anything internationally I was at a loss, and kept filling in the customs form incorrectly...how do I know I was doing it wrong? Well, every time I hit 'next' the same page would come up telling me i had too many words in the description ('craft books' is too many words?). Well, when I finally redid the page for the umpteenth time, it kept telling me that the weight did not match the original weight. I FINALLY figured out what I was doing wrong, over and over and over....the purchase was for 3 craft books and in the 'amount' column I kept putting the number 3. My brain finally kicked into gear and I changed it to '1'. VOILA!!!!! It worked!!!


Well tomorrow I will hand the package to the mailman and hope it gets to Germany before the year is up. Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment